Order Food on Train Online
Are you planning to travel by train and wondering how to order? If so, you'll be happy to know that you can now order food on train online. This service has made train travel more comfortable and convenient for many passengers. You can easily order delicious meals from top-rated restaurants at all major railway stations. You can choose from a variety of menus to suit your taste buds for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just a snack. From a convenient Pure Jain Thali to a simple Veg Thali or Combo Meals, you can select the perfect meal for yourself and enjoy railway food delivery service in train while travelling. All restaurants that are listed with us go through a rigorous screening process and are FSSAI certified and IRCTC approved.
How to Order Train Food Online?
Ordering train food online is a simple process. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Enter Journey Details: Type your 10-digit PNR number in the search box or select station or train where you want food delivery.
- Pick Station & select restaurant: You will see list of stations along with available restaurants on each station. This will help you to select a restaurant as per your likings and that suits your preferences and convenience.
- Browse Menu: Once you have chosen the restaurant, you can browse through the wide range and also check prices alongside.
- Add to cart: Add your selected food items to your cart as per your diet plan.
- Confirm Passenger Details: Before placing your orders, enter passenger name and contact details for delivery purposes.
- Make Payment: After you’ve finalized your order, you can safely make payments online or choose to pay at the time of delivery.
- Enjoy your meal: Your order will be delivered at your seat at the chosen station.
Benefits of Ordering Food in Train Online
Ordering food in train online has several advantages over the traditional ways. Here are some of the benefits of using this service:
- Convenience: Gone are the days when you had to step out of your trains and rush to the nearest food vendor on the platform to buy meals. Now, thanks to technology, you can easily order food in trains online easily from the comfort of your smartphone or laptop. You can also pre-book your food in advance and make payments online or prefer to pay on delivery.
- Variety: Online food ordering gives several options as compared to the fixed menu inside trains and stations. It allows you to explore new flavours and explore from a range of cuisines like North Indian, South Indian, Chinese, Italian, Mughlai, Punjabi, Gujrati, Rajasthani, Bengali, Maharashtrian, and other popular Indian cuisines.
- Quality: All restaurants listed on this IRCTC approved online food service are FSSAI certified and thereby guaranteeing the delivery of high-quality and hygienic food on trains.
- Time-saving: Traditional food ordering involves spending time at crowded food joints at railway stations, while in online method, you can easily order online food delivery in train and get it delivered at your seat as per your convenience, making your train journey more enjoyable and comfortable.
Tips for ordering online train food.
Here are some quick tips for ordering online train food.
- Plan in Advance: To ensure that you don't miss out on any of the delicious food options and local specialties available on your train journey, it is highly recommended that you plan and book your meals in advance. You can miss out on some of the amazing food options and city specialities if you wait until you are on the train as you may have already passed some of the stations where more options were available.
- Choose the right platform: It is recommended to always order train food online through IRCTC authorized aggregators, as they offer a higher level of reliability. These aggregators exclusively work with FSSAI certified restaurants, ensuring that the food is prepared and served in a safe and hygienic manner.
- Look for Offers & Discounts: Take advantage of the best discounts and offers while placing the orders. You can find all available offers in the ‘Apply Coupon’ section in the order booking process.
- Pay Online: You can pay for your train food orders online and avoid the hassles of carrying and dealing with cash. This option allows for safe and secure transactions, saves time and minimise risk of cash management in your journey.
Useful Services for Train Passengers
In addition to offering food booking and delivery services, Zoop provides additional assistance to train passengers to ensure all your important train services are in one convenient location. Some of these features are:
- Check PNR Status: You can easily check PNR status of your train ticket online with us. This feature helps you to obtain important information about your seat/berth and coach in advance, which can be particularly useful for passengers with waitlisted or RAC tickets.
- Train Time-Table: Use train timetable to effectively plan your journey. This time-table is also known as IRCTC train schedule and it shows list of all the stoppages along with the arrival & departure at every station and halt duration.
- Check Train Coach Position: You can now conveniently check the train coach position at the railway station platform using our online service. It allows you to find the exact location of your coach and avoid the inconvenience of searching amidst the crowd.
- Train Platform Locator: Every railway passenger wants to know on which platform their train will arrive at the station. Thankfully, with our online platform enquiry service, you can easily know the platform number of your train in advance. This service is useful for passengers in planning their movement at stations and save time.